Monday, September 1, 2008

The Cake is a Lie

The Cake is a Lie cake - My son wanted his birthday cake fashioned after the video game, Portal. Apparently, in the game they bribe you to do things by promising a cake. So further in the game you start seeing writing on the wall that says, "The cake is a lie." Then at the end in the credits, you finally see this cake. Ethan thought that was a hilarious idea for a birthday cake. So I made this messy looking cake that looked like the cake in the game. All you Portal fans out there will have to tell me why this is all funny. *grin* But I got to try out my new "Costco" type chocolate mousse filling and it was a huge hit. Woohoo!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I saw this cake, I had to show my husband.

"The cake is a lie" is funny in the game, because a computerized voice bribes you to do solve dangerous puzzles during the testing phase in return for cake. Once you pass the testing phase, you see graffiti on a wall that says, "The cake is a lie." There is no reward for the work.

BTW, I'm not a gamer, but my husband showed me Portal because of the cake. Awesome job!

Heath694 said...

Funny!!!! Your kids crack me up! I'm so excited for you to come see me.

Jen Vesper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen Vesper said...

Thanks Rebecca! That is a great explanation! Great blog too!!

Tinabean said...

Hi
It was so nice to actually meet you & talk to you sat night at the reunion.
I'm glad I can help push cakes for you.
Keep up your great work & I'll do random posts on my blog for you every now & then.

Tinabean said...

Is Danny or Jason your cousin?