Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fiber Optic Cable Medusa Head cake

Fiber Optic Cable Medusa Head cake - Ok...so doing cakes for my hubby's work friends is always interesting. :) He came home and said, "It's Phil's birthday tomorrow....can you do a cake?" I said "Sure, what's he into?" He said, "I don't know. Phil doesn't really share much with the group. But he is our cable guy." My first thought was....Phil the Cable Guy...Git R Done cake...but Alan said that just didn't fit Phil. So my mind was spinning...maybe a little too fast...I have been watching a lot of mythology movies lately, Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief, Clash of the Titans, stuff like that. So suddenly I get this image in my head of a Medusa head with fiber cable instead of snakes. I giggled a little at the thought, then I giggled a lot. So I decided it had to be done. I decided I would do Phil in stone with cable hair.
He was a little unstable at first, so I kept putting him in the freezer to chill out and every time I would open the freezer for a minute and see him in there...I would laugh out loud. Man I had a fun night...

No comments: